What is it?
Metaplugin is a plugin that loads other plugins. As simple as that. Build your own effect networks with this plugin chainer using any VST/VST3 (and AU, if you’re on Mac) effect you already have on your harddisk. To get you started, a Mid-Side matrix, a fourband crossover filter and a routing plugin are included in the package. This means instant cross-track routing, mid-side, multiband compression/distortion/reverb/… you name it. Of course that’s only the beginning… let your imagination run free, nothing is impossible, from creating your own layered synth sounds to building whole sound generators from scratch using simple modules. Another favourite use case for Metaplugin is to to load VST plugins in Pro Tools (or to load AudioUnits in Pro Tools if you’re on a Mac). While we’re at it: you can also use it to load VST plugins in Logic/LogicX.
- Supports up to eight individual channels for, e.g. surround or other multichannel purposes.
- Dry/wet ratio can be adjusted for each loaded plugin.
- Full plugin delay compensation is included.
- Negligible additional CPU overhead.
- Synths can also be loaded and played with any MIDI control.
- 2x-oversampling option of the whole signal chain is available.
- 32-bit-plugins can be loaded into the 64-bit version of Metaplugin using JBridge/JBridgeM. Very useful for LogicX and Pro Tools 11 and higher!
- Included: mid-side matrix, multiband splitter and cross track send/receive helper plugins.
- Define your own colour palette for the plugin: check!
- Freely resizable plugin window for maximum convenience: check!
- Can be used as a VST-AU-wrapper, a VST-RTAS-wrapper, an AU-RTAS-wrapper, VST-AAX wrapper or an AU-AAX wrapper.
- VST3 plugins now supported, so VST3-AU-wrapping, VST3-RTAS-wrapping and VST3-AAX-wrapping is also included.
Honestly, we can’t think of any reason not to own this baby! Available for Windows (32/64 bit VST and AAX plus 32 bit RTAS) and Mac OSX (32/64 bit VST/AU/AAX and 32 bit RTAS, 10.6 or higher needed). As always, we strongly recommend to check out the demo version (settings not saved, but further fully functional) to see whether it fits your needs!
YES! YES! YES! Have been waiting years for a FX chainer with PDC and finally it’s here! Also the modular design just puts other FX chainers to bed! You can pratically process (multi/paralell) anything in anyway with this thing now properly with PDC! THANKS DDMF!
Renan L.B. on gearslutz.com
So now I can use any of the compressors I have as a multiband for mastering and on drums? That’s freaking awesome. Gotta try it out tonight.
Cooker on kvraudio.com