What is it?
The newest member of the DDMF family: please give a very warm welcome to Envelope! The creation of this true stereo reverb effect started with the observation that somehow, whenever I’d use one of the existing reverb plugins, the sound was never quite ‘there’: many of them did sound quite good when used with a solo vocal or instrument track, but in a mix contest, I’d quickly end up with a certain muddiness in the lower frequency and/or a too intrusive reverb effect around 5k-7k, where those nasty syllables usually make themselves heard. So the goal was to create something that would add air without ever sounding harsh, create a rich 3D impression without losing the fine details of the stereo field, and still be light enough on the CPU to be used ad lib in a true mixing context. Well, in all modesty, I think that goal has been reached: Envelope has, from a really early stage of its development, become my go-to reverb plugin, and now it is finally ready to become yours too! And not only does it sound great, it also looks fantastic, thanks to the invaluable UI design skills of the one and only Mr. Marek Zaris.
- Zero-latency reverb algorithm with 8 simulated true stereo environments
- Size and Depth control for full control of the individual algorithms
- Switch between exponential (the ‘natural’ way) and linear decay (longer, more dreamy/eerie)
- Low- and high cut EQ controls
- Stereo width control: from full stereo to full mono
- Wet/dry balance
- 30 beautiful presets to get you started
- Available in VST, AU (Mac only), RTAS and AAX format for Windows (XP and higher) and Mac OSX (10.6 and higher
NEW: now also available as an Audio Unit v3 plugin for iOS! Use Envelope as a plugin on your iPad, just like you would in a desktop environment. Needs a corresponding Audio Unit v3 host (like Cubasis). Get it now on the app store:
For a desktop demo version, please click here: